Monday, June 22, 2009

Great news !!!


We went to the Chris Irwin clinic in Whitecourt last weekend. It was amazing. We had to drive for 5 hours and finally we arrived at the Riversong Ranch in Whitecourt. After a cool night in the horse trailer the clinic started. First we had some theory about riding. The most stuff I already heard from Birgit before and of course from the dvds. Everything was so exciting and I was so nervous. I learned a lot only from watching. In the afternoon it was my turn to ride. I had Cody with me. The ride was crappy I wasn't satisfied afterwards. But for some reasons Chris didn't correct me all the time.... so I assumed it must be not so crappy like I thought !
The second day I was quieter and we did a GREAT job in lunging and riding. Cody helped me so much even he blew throu the shoulder a few times and counterbent... I had so much fun and in the end I could ride him in true bend and he also stretched down. Thanks Cody, you are great ! And at the end of the day Chris told me I got the Bronze Certification in ground work !!! OH MY GOD ! I was surprised and speechless ! I am the first Chris Irwin Bronze certified trainer in Switzerland !!! It wasn't enough for the riding part. I need to improve my hands and arms first.... So I will work hard again to correct this bad habit ! And then in September I will go to a second clinic and hopefully get my Bronze in riding too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment