Wednesday, June 10, 2009

a hell of a weekend...


The last weekend was the clinic with Trish Hyett. I rode Bandit all three days. The first day was pretty good. We worked on my blocks. Then it got pretty crazy when I had to ride Bandit in a frame. He started to rear up ! I was scared to hell !! On the last day I rode first Cody to get a feeling of riding a horse in a frame. Then I jumped on Bandit and tried it with him. He acted like crazy again. Three times I caught him before he could rear and three times he reared up. I was pretty shaky. We were lucky not to flip over.

I checked Bandit's back and found some sore spots on the spines. They look like small bumps sticking out of the spinal column. My first thought was kissing spines. So I told that Birgit. All the symptons Bandit shows are typical for kissing spines (doesn't like to be saddled /groomed, rear up, ...). The chiropractor will come on Sunday and has a look at Bandit. I am curious what she thinks about Bandit's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment