Saturday, August 29, 2009

fantastic ride on a fantastic horse

The day started like the ones before yesterday. Feeding, cleaning and then after breakfast get Karma ready for work. I have to do some In hand-leading first so she can benefit a lot while she is here. As soon as Birgit took her to the round pen I got B ready for In hand leading and round pen work. In the meantime it was noon already and I had to eat lunch to be ready when the first student came at 1.30 pm. When Bandit was ready and good to go the next student already showed up and I had to get Cody with her. I had the order to get Fire ready for me after the last lesson. Usually, I am nervous when I ride a horse the first time. Not this time ! I also didn't bother to wear my safety vest. I saw what he can do, rear up... But for some reason I knew he will be good :) He is a good boy ! And he looks so cute but he is still a stallion and loves to compete. He loves the speed and the work. I could feel that yesterday. As soon as I asked him for the 'Whoa'-stops he was not bored anymore and asked for more. I had sooo much fun to ride him. Now I know why Birgit loves to ride this horse. He is not one of this hot heads without using the brain... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment