Friday, August 7, 2009

kids camp, day one

Today was the first day of the second kids camp here at the farm. This time we have 8 kids. It's kinda more busy now... and it takes a lot of energy to be aware the whole day. Make sure no one get run over from a horse, get kicked or get a step on the foot... And sometimes more then one kid talk to you at the same time. I am really surprised I am still pretty patient. ;) I do the half of the theory now and Birgit the other half. It's a lot to explain and it works pretty good even it's all in english :) We talked about feeding/stabeling/bedding and grooming today. And in the afternoon I was in the round pen again with Machlon. We did an obstical course again. And this time we have groups of two kids at the time. It's a bit easier 'cause I have to explain the exercises only 4 times. It's fun and intresting to see how the kids solve the tasks. Some of them have some 'intresting' ideas... Then I have to tell them they don't really wanna do this 'cause it could be pretty dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment