Tuesday, August 24, 2010

two new horses, Mary and Rick are making progress

I got two different horses to care for today, Cascade and Yar. I still don't know which one is which :( The one, #23 is always in a bad mood and is cribbing. And # 16 is also not in the best mood but not always pinning the ears. Brooke and Chole are not 'my horses' anymore. :( Oh well, these two will benefit from me too :) Mary and Rick are still 'my horses'. Mary came to me today without pinned ears and waited for me to put the halter on. I loved on her for that. She understands the difference between me and the rest of the gang now, I guess. I don't want her to react, I want her to think ! Same with Rick.. he is a bit of a bigger challenge. He doesn't try to think at all. Yesterday he was sooo bad when he came back from the track. Only high headed and didn't calm down at all even tried to rear up. After a few rounds me leading him he finally dropped his head down and relaxed a bit. This little man needs to learn who to think around people. Finally he understands what it means to move his butt to the side when I ask him to. He did it nice and no rushing today. Yep, we're getting there soon. He only needs to understand the difference between me and the rest of the group. I don't want a horse running away from me. I want them to be relaxed while I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment