Sunday, August 7, 2011

jumping show and colic

Another busy day, Jumper show. I found the one horse with a colic in the morning. After feeding the other horses I did acupressure on him and got his gut going again. Still, he wasn't getting better, it seemed that he was feeling better and then the pain came back... So, I did more acupressure and walked him for around 2 1/2 hours till the vet came. More walking and two injections and still he wasn't better ! The vet said he needs to go in the vet clinic for more treatment and clarification of whats going on. Poor guy ! You could see when the pain came back he was like a tanker 'let's goooooo !' and he just took off. I was tired after my work out with him in the pasture. The afternoon was a usual one when there is a show. Pick outdoor stalls, feed, answer questions, deal with rider, get horses in and sweep. A looong day !! I really hope my next two days will be normal long !

No comments:

Post a Comment