Sunday, August 14, 2011

worry...

It's already day 3 again and soon I am off... Unfortunately, Mavis was sick last night. I didn't see her the whole day but this is not unusual when there are lots of dogs in the barn. She doesn't really like dogs ! But unusual is that she is not there around 3.30 pm / 4 pm. Most of the time she finds me and then stalks me to make sure that I feed her before I leave. Not yesterday ! Well, I thought she is busy hunting or sleeping in the shade 'cause it was pretty hot. I was looking for her at 6pm when I went to the barn for my supper... no Mavis around ! The next time when I went over to the barn to do night check she was laying in the flower bed on her favourite spot. Weird was that she didn't jump up and came to greet me ! I went inside and fed horses, thought she will follow me inside... Mavis was still laying in the same spot when I came outside to count horses and fill up Cuties water bucket. So, I knew for sure that something is wrong with her... I picked her up and brought her in the barn. Poor little girl ! I had no idea what to do and so I called my friends to ask for help. Well, it's hard to say what's going on when you can't see the cat. I put fresh water beside her and left her in the barn so she is safe from the coyotes. Today, when I came in the barn at 6.30 am she was still laying on the hay bales but looked fresh and not so tired anymore. She even wanted her breakfast ! Good sign. :) After a little nap after breakfast she went outside and went hunting again. Mavis spent the whole afternoon in the yard. Around 3.30pm she found me outside, sat on the hay bales in the wheelbarrow to make sure I wouldn't forget to feed her. I had to catch two more horses and when I came back inside somebody was asking pretty loud for her supper ;D Looks like Missy is feeling good again :D

No comments:

Post a Comment