Friday, November 18, 2011

Elk haul II


Tuesday/ Wednesday. Another elk haul was scheduled. This time, we picked up the first half of the load in Spirit River and the other half in Leduc. No snow on the roads, ditches and fields had a bit. We had a good time, good interesting talks, I really enjoy to travel in this semi truck with my friend. As soon as all the elks were on the trailer, we only stopped for bathroom breaks and to get food. This time I wasn't that tired. I slept for around 1 1/2 hours and had a nap around 1 am. We had to be in Fort Macleod at 6am. I really hoped that I don't have to help unload this time.... I was lucky there were at least two other persons there to help.... I stayed in the truck and entertained myself with music. After around an hour or so we were done and could hit the road again. Our next stop was A&W to have breakfast. The next thing on our list was sleeping. After 3 hours of sleep we decided to drive some more and have a nap again before we drove through Calgary. On our way home we detoured to Ponoka to pick up a load of cows at the auction mart. They had to go to a place close to Leduc. Now, it was time to go home and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment