Thursday, November 24, 2011

Injured !

Two days ago one of the mares injured herself. Somehow she managed to poke a branch in the inside of her thigh. I didn't see it when it was in there, I was in the house. Maggie needed to get a treatment in the vet clinic. I stayed at the farm to feed everybody. A couple hours later my friend came back, Maggie had to stay at the clinic. The stick was long..., holy ! She lost a lot of blood ! Poor girl. The next morning we could pick her up again. She was quiet, just munching her hay, glad to go home again. Magpie loaded good in the trailer, I bet she knew we will bring her home. Back home, we put her in a shelter which is fenced off, so she can go out of the shelter little ways, still can't walking around too much. Here as well, no fussing at all. I guess she is still too sore ! She eats the food really good even there are antibiotics in there. Maggie is talking to her friends left and right from time to time... even has company at night. The dogs keep her company in the shelter. I took a night shift last night, checking on Maggie to see if she is fine. No signs of colic or more bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment