Friday, May 15, 2009

a great lunging session

It was a productive day today. We worked 6 horses today. I got the three youngsters ready and Birgit rode and lunged them. I get faster and faster in grooming and put the saddle on the horse. :) Routine is everthing.
In the afternoon I could lunge Samy in the outdoor arena. Birgit gave a lesson and kept an eye on us. When I sent Samy out he just raced on the circle ! Crazy ! So I had to calm him down first. After a while he leveled his head, relaxed and we could start our work. It was soooo great. I really missed this kind of work. Yes, I lunged the youngsters but this work was different. I could ask him to make smaller circles, bigger circles, transitions trot-canter / canter- trot without racing and in a nice frame. Samy listend so good !
I had to practise an exercise I will have to show Chris when I do my test. It's moving circles around. We did a good job and all in the trot. :) He sure can be a good boy... if he starts to think instead to see all the pink monster's around him... I was so pleased. I hope we can repeat this session soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment