Sunday, May 10, 2009

Riding is work !

It was my day off today. Brigit and I went to a Mother's day yard sale in Dunster. It's a kind of flea market. I love this trips and to meet people. Some of them I alreay met before.

In the afternoon Jonny's owner came for a visit and watched a training session. I helped Brigit during the canter part. My job was to support her aids with the lunge whip. This is a good exercise for me to practise the lunging position. :)
Later I rode Bandit in the outdoor arena. Hell, I have to correct my legs as soon as possible. They have too much movement at the wrong time ! So I provide myself to ride with short stirrups for the next few weeks. This should help me to keep my heel down and the leg on the horse. I already tried it today and my legs are better, well at least at the walk...! Also my ellbows need a correction. I want to know when I learn all this bad stuff !!
I have to practise pretty hard the next weeks. It's good, riding is work !

No comments:

Post a Comment