Monday, January 24, 2011

a fresh start



I moved in my new home at Double W Riding Academy in Bluffton yesterday. Today was my first day of work. I started at 7 am with feeding which means I helped Amy with feeding. After feeding we started to clean stalls. And soon the horses went outside for the day. It was easier to clean the stalls when the horses are not in there. There are Warmbloods and Quarter horses. The Quarter horses are used for showing. Poor things have to wear a hood over the whole neck and head inside the barn and in the pasture. They look like the horses from the knights :) I expected the warmbloods to be crazy but they are not to bad. There are a few of the Quarter horses which are a bit crazy when the time comes to go in the barn again. I guess they just look forward to their supper. ;) Oh well, I am used to crazy horses after I worked at the track. The Quarter horses are not that tall like the racehorses. The warmbloods are huge !!! So, after my 9 hour-day I am just toast !!! All I do is eat, shower and go to bed !!! There is no more energy for something else !! My room is brand new and fancy. I have a double bed. Unfortunately, I have no door on my bed room. It's one huge room where two bedrooms and a living room include. My room mate, Casey is a nice girl so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment