Saturday, July 3, 2010

baby # 5


I can remember what we did yesterday morning... I guess not so much, just take it easy. After supper when the flies aren't so bad anymore we should help put round bales out in the pastures. I was just coming out of the door and looked over to the mom's and babies in the one pasture when I saw Jazz laying flat on the ground, holding her tail a bit strange... Oh, I guess something is not quit right there !! Linda walked over to check on her and yelled to bring the foaling kit. I ran in the house to grab the bag. When I reached the spot where Jazz was lying the two feets looked out of Jazz's butt. I had the idea to go back to the house and grab the camera which I did. I hurried out in the pasture again and there he was... a cute little man :) a black and white Pinto. He was in a hurry to get up and use his legs. Soooo cute. He looked like a spider with his legs streched out to the side. After awhile Linda decided to bring both in the garden where mom and kid can have a rest without all the noses of the other horses in their face. Then the placenta had to come out too. So we waited for that to happen. After around 3 hours Linda and Erin, Jazz' owner they started to talk about giving the mare an injection to speed up the process of getting rid of the placenta. I suggested to do acupressure. Linda holded to placenta to make sure it has enough weight on it to get pulled down and I did acupressure. The placenta came out and everything was good. So mare and foal had time to rest and we could go to bed as well ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment