Thursday, July 1, 2010

two riding lessons

Today started with a 'say goodbye', Nora, the farmstay girl left. Linda brought her to the bus station. I stayed home and fed the animals. At 11am we had a girl coming for a riding lesson. Linda asked me if I wanna ride Scooty in the lesson. GREAT !!! :D Of course.... So I saddled him and headed for the arena. Holy... this horse has pretty quick movements, nothing dull or slow going forward. I had to tune myself down a lot otherwise we would trott and canter all the time. I was pretty busy to adjust to my animal under the saddle. But I made it and it was getting better. Then in the afternoon I had another lesson this time I was the teacher. I rode Scooty again this time in the english tack. My student should learn and work on a correct seat on the horse. I already showed her a few things before and so we continued what we started. It was basic stuff like feeling the horses barrel swinging, which feet is when on the ground, feel how the horse walks and follow with the hips and then as an exercise to practice the spirling in and out of a circle. We had a good time and so much fun. It was pretty warm and the horses took every chance to take a bath in the sun. It was good to work on the seat again. I also really needed that after my trail ride adventure in Jasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment