Saturday, July 17, 2010

clinic and a huge horse bum ?

This weekend is the horsemanship clinic with Marv and his wife from a place near Edmonton. I already met Marv and his wife at the Mane Event in Red Deer in April. I totally forgot that's him giving this clinic. It was interesting to see how he works with horses. Some stuff was similar to Chris' things. I like to check out other trainers just to see what they can offer and maybe I can use some stuff of them if I would get stuck on something. Linda took Oreo, her newest mare. They both did good. It was Oreo's first trip to another place since she came here to Canada. She is from Oregon. Oreo scared herself twice when she was tied up on a post. So we had to put her somewhere else. This place was pretty good, she could see all the other horses and also what's going on in the round pen. The weather was good, sun and also big clouds to give us a break from the heat. I almost got too much sun even I wore my baseball cap. After a potlock supper (every person brings something to eat) we went home to feed the animals at the farm. On our way home I spotted this huge brown bum in the bush.... I thought, holy.... this is a big horse bum !!! Then I saw that it's not a horse and her foal- a moose mom with her twins. Sooooo cute ! I really like their ears, they are sooo long ! ;) I wanted to see a moose and now I saw three !!! That's pretty awesome !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment