Friday, July 23, 2010

a lot happend...

A lot happend since I shared my life with you the last time. Last Monday we it easy after the busy clinic weekend. Tuesday, Linda and I went to Edmonton 'cause we had to pick up Maike at the airport and I had my job interview with Gary Westergard. The interview didn't go like I hoped it would. As soon as I started to tell them that my horse experience is and mentioned that I am also a horse therapist they decided I am not the 'right person' for their job. I would waste my time and skills... OKAY ?! Pat and Gary thought I would rather apply for a job in Spruce Meadows or the race track. The race track ???!!! Holy that's what I always wanted ! ;) Gary told me that he would make a call to a trainer at the track. I was sooooo excited and couldn't believe that he would do that for me... This was the chance I always wanted to get. I left my resume with all the copies of my certifications at Pat and Gary's. And sure, on Wednesday Pat called me to ask me if the horse trainer already called me... NO, he didn't call yet !! I was so surprised that this is really happening. I couldn't believe it. I didn't expect it to happen and got surprised. ;D Pat gave me the number and name of these horse trainer and told me I should call him 'cause it could be that he is just a bit busy to call yet. So I called him and we made an appointment for Tuesday at 10 am. After a chat with Linda she told me that Monday would better be for her so she could give me a ride. So I called Robertino Diodoro again to ask him if I could come Monday. Sure, I can go there Monday, 10 am. I am sooo nervous when I think of that. This is huge ! After a little research I learned that he is the top trainer on the track in Edmonton. WOW ! Now I am even more nervous then before.... I hope this works out, this is what I always wanted. For some time I was a bit sad that I had to quit at Skyline but now I am just glad I did it. If this works out the way I want.... AWESOME !!! People told me that it won't be easy to work at the track. Hard work, drugs and alcohol, drunk guys, some think they are THE hotshots.... If I could resist the alcohol in Jasper then I can resist here too. And if needed, there are shovels, whips or other stuff around... ;D Beside all this negative stuff I look forward to see everything on Monday. But first, I will go to the Chris Irwin clinic tomorrow and Sunday. I just don't look forward to drive the car to Whitecourt.... it's a long time ago since I drove a car the last time for more then 3 min. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment