Tuesday, October 5, 2010

two moose

Another nice sunny day today, I really enjoy the nice weather here as long as I can. The winter is coming soon enough. And this winter should be pretty hard and cold according to the weather guys. I was feeding in the morning and enjoyed the sunrise and the clear sky. Then after feeding we worked with the foals, pick up legs and brush them. The one foal was kicking like crazy when I brushed his bum. I guess I will have to scratch is bum the next time to show him that it is not a bad thing. I know foals have a reflex to kick on the hind legs when they are pretty young but this reflex disappears again I guess when they are 2 or 3 weeks old... And this young man is around 6 months old now. I don`t wanna blame it to a specific person but if you let a foal get away with stuff like that it gets a bad habit... !! I was pretty surprised today when I saw that. But it`s not the first time the colt did that. After put the new pipe to my dryer and coffee break I jumped on the lawn mower again and went to work in the bush. I just came around the corner and saw a big dark brown bum standing in the middle of the lawn. SHIT !! A horse is out !!! Then I saw the tiny tail and thought hmmmm... weird horse tail. The animal turned his head and put the ears forward and then I saw oh two MOOSE !!! Unfortunatly, I didn`t have my camera with me... I was soo excited that I thought I should tell the one Mexican guy about these two moose. I drove other there where he was working but he just ignored my calling.... I thought you a..... I will never tell you something like that again !!! So I enjoyed the two beautiful animals by myself ;) I spent the whole afternoon cutting gras and singing. At 4 pm I took the quad and went feeding. Another nice day went by.... how many are there still to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment