Monday, October 11, 2010

thanksgiving party in Winfield

Charlene, Linda`s niece invited me to her Thanksgiving party yesterday. Erin, her daughter, and Krissie picked me up on Saturday evening. After a stop in the hay field to chase cows back in their pan, well, Erin, her cousin and neighbours chase them, Krissi and I were chatting in the car, we made it to the house. I knew a lot of people, Fabienne, the ex farm stay girl was there too. We had soo much fun all together. 5 guys and me went to play pool, ping pong and basketball. I put 2 balls down :) it was the second time that I was playing pool. I guess I went to bed at 11.45pm... I was soooo tired. :) the next day we got a nice pancake breakfast, they were sooo good !! The next thing was that we went to church in the room were all the Australian saddles are. I really enjoyed the service... Rob, charlene`s husband is a priest. After that we went to grab horses and go for a trail ride. It was great to sit on a horse again... ! Holy, I missed that !! I rode Dusty, an older Arabian gelding. He was a bit lazy and walked just as much as I was asking him, not one more step ! So we ended up to discuss this topic. He accepted my arguments and we enjoyed a great trail ride from around 2 hours. Jeff, Charlene`s son asked me to have a look at one of the horses. Duncan is a real cutie ! He needs a chiropractor and Jeff will tell me what the chiropractor found. After a tasty supper with turkey, yams, mashed potatoes, ham,... and for dessert a varity of different pies it was time for me to head home. Rob brought me home. I really had a great weekend. It was good to see everyone again and meet new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment