Saturday, April 2, 2011

painting and a colic


Today, we took it easy again, discovered that a horse has lice and put some powder on him to get rid of this little creepers. Now, it feels like the stupid lice are on me too !!! :( And I helped Jeff to paint the leaves on his leather piece from the spurs. This was just like painting with numbers ;D Charlene and I were in the living room talking and from time to time I looked out of the window to see what the horses in front of the house do. Dusty was laying down, rolling, lay still, rolling and get up. He did this a few times... I thought, oh no, please not a colic !!! Then he was laying on the ground again and rolled when Charlene said, it looks like Dusty has a belly ache !! So I grabbed a halter and picked him up in the pasture to go for a walk. Robin gave him a needle and off we went in the muddyless arena to walk around. I guess we were doing loops for around 20 min when Rob came to tell me that supper is ready soon. We dropped Dusty off in his pen and headed to the house for supper. It looks like he is fine now.

No comments:

Post a Comment