Sunday, April 3, 2011

sunday and a gun show



It was pot lock after church which is that everyone who comes to church brings food. I made a pasta salad, that's always good for pot locks. I like pot locks, you never know what people bring ;) After we ate someone was starting to talk about a gun show in Drayton Valley. I totally missed this whole conversation 'cause I was talking to another lady. So, almost everyone took off again and Charlene suggested that Rob, Marc and I should go to Drayton too. We took off as fast as we could 'cause the show was only till 3 pm. On our way to Drayton, we had a good time and it was nice sunny weather. I really enjoyed the drive. When we reached the place where the show was it was already 2 o'clock. It was interesting to see all the different guns, holster, bullets,... it's a totally different world I've never entered before. I wandered around and had a look at all the stuff... There was everything a hunter's heart can desire ! I tried an outdoor coat which felt pretty nice and could be the answer for me in the Canadian winter time. The only thing was the price and that I don't have more space in my suitcase ;D Marc and Jeff bought both a shot gun, Marc's is 99 years old, back home again they had to try them of course. They asked me if I would like to shoot too. I was in for that :) You never know when you need to use a gun... I shot 3 times, twice with a new shot gun and once with old one. If you don't hug the gun tight the backlash hurts ! And the longer the gun is the less is the backlash. :) I learned a lot... I look forward to my next adventure :D

No comments:

Post a Comment