Friday, December 10, 2010

fresh horse on a trail ride

A new day again, started with feeding and cleaning corrals. After breakfast I copied a few recipes which sound really good :) As soon as I have the chance I will make them especially the pies and rolls :) Around 1 pm we went to catch three ponies to go for a trail ride. I rode Alberta again, Birgit rode Mojo and ponied Miho. Miho had a lot of energy and had a blast bucking and kicking, unfortunatly he kicked Mojo, but she was fine. She kicked him right back. Alberta was careful not to be too close to Mihos hind legs. Once she just could hurry to the side before Miho could swing his butt in our direction. So we had a good distance between him and us. There is one part where we usually trott or lope. Today with Miho acting up we trotted. Miho just started his stunts again in the trot ahead of us, when Madame Alberta tried to do the same... I could feel her butt go a bit in the air but she decided not to buck and continued to trott. Puuuuhhh ! I didnt wanna get thrown today ! After a loop in the field we came the same trail stretch again and trotted again here. This time Miho could behave like a normal horse and Alberta was trotting nice and slow. I guess all the horses were tired at this time of the ride. The snow on this field is pretty high, a bit higher then the fetlock. I would be tired after a 1 hour hike through this much snow too...

No comments:

Post a Comment