Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a lot to do...

Since the last post a lot happend. Nothing bad, just stuff so I was too tired in the evening to write my blog. We went for a trail ride in the evening on Sunday. The neighbours called and asked if we would like to join them on the ride. I rode Kidd, he was a bit antsy. It was his first ride this year. He had a sole abscess and had the days off to let it heal. Kidd was only good with the position first in line. On one point we turned in a road through the bush and it was still icy on the ground. So my Goldie Boy had fun and started to trott and cro-hop over the icy ground ! Okay, this is crazy ! After he was done with his show he was good... he needed that I guess :) I decided to ride Kidd the next evening again this time in the arena. He wasn't so happy about this. All his friends had off... But we managed our session pretty good. We worked on getting true bend, do some leg yields, go long and low. For the first time in the arena again since last fall he did good. Joe and Kara invited us for a wiener roast. Linda had a lesson at 7 pm at the indoor riding arena. So we went to Joe's, dropped off the salads and Lynn (Linda's husband), ate a smoky with a bun and headed over to the arena. It was intresting to watch the student and her horse. The horse can't relax as long as the rider can't. And the rider can't relax as long as the horse can't... so this is a circle. After a while both of them relaxed after they got a 'job' to do. Circle around two barrels and stop as near as you can. Amber's legs kept to slide too much forward all the time and she had a hard time to let them stay in the right position. So I remembered I had the same problem with my legs. After the lesson I asked Linda if I could show Amber what Birgit showed me how to correct my legs. Amber was glad when I told her I used to have the same problem with my legs and this correction helped me a lot. I let her feel the difference between the old and the new feeling. She was so happy and is keen to practice this seat. I was happy too 'cause as soon as you have a good seat all the fun stuff can begin. You are able to feel the horse's movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment