Wednesday, September 8, 2010

a sad day

One of the foals died today. It was bleeding inside the body for some reason. It was peeing or pooping blood. We have no idea why... the vet not even know.... I am sooo sad, she was not even one year old... I really hope she didn`t suffer too much pain. I feel so sorry for baby animals when they are sick and especially when they are dying. I had to help to get the dead body out of the boxstall... holy it was hard to see it just lay on the ground - dead !!! It was already stiff when I got in the barn. Good thing I wasn`t in the barn when it died. I was feeding the other horses. Call me a coward but this is the part where it is just too much for me !!! I can`t see a horse or other animal die. I wouldn`t be a good hunter !!! I am feeling so sad and cold inside now. Poor little filly... but I guess it was just not meant to live... Her mom is now crying in a paddock, I am not sure if she is looking for her foal or the rest of the herd. Maybe both... Even I didn`t know this foal since a long time I feel sooo sorry for it. It is just one sad day today.... I hope it`s feeling better now where ever it is.... !!! Rest in peace, filly !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment