Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mavis




I have a little helper, Mavis the black and white cat. When I first started at Double W she was shy and I couldn't catch or pet her at all. I can't remember what happend but suddenly she came to me and I could pet her and she followed me everywhere. And since she is on a diet, I usually feed her twice a day. So, every morning when I come to the barn to have my breakfast Mavis waits for me, sometimes outside the barn (spring) or inside. Usually, I get shit from her... maybe to hurry up and feed her ?? I am not quite sure ! I have my breakfast first and around 7am Mavis get hers too. I try to feed her not too early in the morning otherwise she will be hungry in the afternoon again instead of the evening. Mavis usually helps me feeding hay to the horses in the morning and afternoon. She can sleep on a chair but as soon as I take the wheelbarrow to fill it up with hay bales, Mavis is on her way to the spot where the bales are. As soon as Missy is on the bales and ready to go, we take off for our feeding tour. Sometimes I get shit from her here too... Mavis is a real queen, I call her the 'Queen of the barn' :D Sometimes, she follows me even to the house. Once she was waiting for me, had a nap on a chair and when I went to the barn for night check again she followed me all the way back to the barn. My little cutie helper.. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment