Wednesday, May 4, 2011

varnishing-blast




Monday was my first day off. I went to Winfield again. After a nice quiet night, a good breakfast with waffles we headed down to the church to varnish the walls. There were the 5 of us with brushes and one person did more work with wood. I volunteered too go on the stage and varnish the ceiling.... Well, it was a bit creepy the first few minutes but then I got used to the height again. Erin came up too and we had a blast varnishing the ceiling. The fumes from the varnish made us having a good time. :) We were just laughing and giggling ;D I didnt know that varnishing can be such a blast :D Then after a while we could hear the sound of a vehicle coming down the road... it was Marc. He repaired the motor and had the 42 year old Volkswagen running again. Poor thing looked a bit neglected. Marc invited me for a drive around the property. It was so funny to sit in this old thing without any windows, no foam on the seats, just hilarious ! After the drive I went back to my 'varnish-blast' :) We were busy and suddenly someone said, it's election day and the office is only open till 7.30 pm. I was curious how election goes on in Canada and so I hurried to the truck with everyone... We made it to the hall where the election box was at 7.28 pm. It was intersting to see the difference between our vote system and the Canadian one.

No comments:

Post a Comment