Tuesday, March 15, 2011

sign of spring and a relaxing day



My days off again. I am in Winfield and it's melting pretty good now. We had plus 8 degrees again. :) Looks like spring is getting here slowly which I really like... just not the mud everywhere :( The days are getting longer which is also good. We went for a drive down to the hay field to pick up Marc. It was nice to see the sunshine, all the snow... and a moose ! And this time I had my camera with me :) In the afternoon we loaded cubes in the tractor and took off to the pasture to feed and deworm horses. Charlene and I were visiting and seeing the horses, take our time... Unfortunately, the one mare were choking cause of the cubes. This happens sometime when the horse is eating too fast and the dry cubes are getting stuck in the throat. So we tried to make her swallow by stroking down her throat. It worked good and she good better. We took her up to the water tank and put water on her cubes so it's easier for her to eat them. Poor girl ! Soon, a lot of horses figured out that we still have goodies and so they joined us at the water tank. After deworming 3 horses and giving hay to the old horses we headed for the house again. We enjoyed this nice quiet day...

No comments:

Post a Comment