Tuesday, March 29, 2011

work with Ben

After two relaxing days off I was back to work on Tuesday again. It wasnt too bad... We were done at 4.30 pm. And I worked with Ben today again. It was pretty busy in the arena !! I dont like it when its like in a bee house !!! We managed to get in the arena when only one other horse was in there. The stuff from the dressage day was still standing and so we went for a walk along the rail, passed scary (!) stands with letters and the judges desk. He tried to race backwards first but when I told him to have a look at this stuff he got brave and put his nose right in the fake flowers. After a few rounds in the dressage ring he calmed down and so we could go to work. We repeated what we did the last time and then added a `sort of`lunging. Left side was pretty good, the right side needs still more work. Ben still wants to back up or fly backwards and face up. I am not sure how other people worked with him before, all I can see is a afraid horse which always expect to get a punishment. I keep working with him and soon he will see the difference :)

No comments:

Post a Comment