Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Chris Irwin clinic II

We headed for Whitecourt on Thursday Sept, 17th. On Sept 19th and 20th was the Chris Irwin clinic. We went two days earlier to get the horses used to the new environment and Birgit and Mayo took a lesson at Chris'. I took Alberta with me. She was a bit nervous when her friends left her. The good thing was she could see her buddies when they were in the arena. The first evening I only lunged her which turned out pretty good. She is a good girl. The first ride the next day was also good. Then, the next day she got a scratch on her cheek which was pretty swollen and hurt. It was the first day of the clinic. So, Missy was good on the lunge line but as soon as I rode her and used the sidepull she showed me that her cheek is aching. Alberta was after a short time pretty pissed and I didn't dare to ask her for forward. All she did was try to rear, hop around or stall... She also refused to bend to the right side. It wasn't fun to ride !!! So Petra suggested a horse change. I got one of Chris' lesson horses, Thunder. We had a good time and he was a good teacher ! I had quiet to work on him. :) I also rode him the second day of the clinic 'cause Alberta's cheek was still infected. The second day was pretty busy for me, twice in the saddle and once round pen work... BUT I got my Bronze Certification for riding. :D I am soooo happy ! Linda, my friend from Edson and Mireille came to audit the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment