Friday, September 4, 2009

trail rides

After the down pour yesterday the arena and round pen are too wet to ride in. So we went on the trail today. Cody and I joined Mayo and Birgit who rode the two training horses. There is this field on the other side of the highway, it's big and we loped on it. It was my lope on a field with Cody. He was fine and I could enjoy it. Cody is always glad when things like that don't last for long.... :) 'cause this is too much work ! But when there are cows involved.... that's a different story :D After lunch we went for another trail ride. This time I rode Alberta, one four years old blue roan paint mare. After the session yesterday in the arena I wasn't so sure about rididng Alberta on the trail... but she is soo much fun to ride outside the arena. Even she loves to eat all the time, dreams and has not much of balance, she is nice to ride. I really enjoyed it. Miho, another youngster, didn't lift his feets high enough over a thick branch on the ground and it swang back when Alberta and I wanted to turn around the branch. She jumped to the side but it was so fast and not high. Til I found out what happend her feets were already on the ground again and I am still in the saddle. That was a cute hop ! I laughed so hard !

No comments:

Post a Comment