Monday, September 14, 2009

a first lope with only a sidepull

Today was a normal day again which means feeding /cleaning in the morning. After breakfast horse work til noon. In the afternoon riding lessons and feeding /cleaning again in the evening. I rode Alberta again. We had a discussion on the right side 'cause she didn't want to stay on the rail. After a few taps with the whip she found it a good idea to stay on the rail now... Then the fun part started. We trotted, first 'large' then circles as well. In the meantime Birgit and Mayo loped Miho and Mojo. I really wanted to try to lope Alberta too... but I wasn't sure if we are already ready for that. Then Birgit asked me if I would like to try a lope with Alberta. :D Sure, we tried. We should lope behind Mojo. I usually prefer to do stuff like that alone. It's easier so I only have to concentrate on what I do. We tried first behind Mojo but after a half round we lost Mojo. So this didn't work and I decided to try it on my own... Alberta had some problems to find her right lead and so we were all over the place which was pretty funny. She switched the lead herself. It was pretty hard to sit ;) The left side was no problem and we were pretty fast !!! :) I had to yell at Mayo to speed up otherwise we would collide with Mojo. And all this with a sidepull !!! I decided to take Alberta to the Chris Irwin clinic. This will be fun !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment