Friday, September 25, 2009

wonderful trail ride



Reg and I went for a trail ride yesterday. He rode Seven and I could ride Colt. Colt is a nice horse, nice trott. He was pretty hungry yesterday. :) First, we went to check out a trail to Swift Current Creek. The trail begins pretty good, wide and no bush grows into the trail. Then after awhile the bush gets thicker and trees are fallen down. Reg had to jump off the horse to cut some trees. It is a beautiful up there. Nice and quiet. It's like you are in another world. We rode as far as we could to a creek, another one then the Swift Current. It was amazing just to watch the water roars down the hill.... I totally forgot to take pictures of this creek I was so fascinated of it !!! Reg and I crossed the river over a fallen tree. It was a bit creepy to see the water roars under your feets and you only have to make a wrong step and you get wet... We made it across the creek and went to check out the trail on this side of the creek. It was a bit disappointing 'cause the bush got thicker and thicker the more you followed the trail. So we decided to climb up a hill and enjoy the view. Then, we went back to the horses and rode back to the trailer. Our goal was the trail to Little Lost lake. The trail started steep and the horses needed a bit of speed to climb up the trail. After we detoured throu the bush, 'cause there was a big tree across the trail, we came in a nice forest. Ceders gave the forest a touch of a rain forest. Nice, I really like that. It was like we dove in a different world ! Almost like Narnia :D And then there was the Little lost lake. Quiet, nice and wonderful. We tied the horses up which they liked so they can eat again :) We were alone which was good. I don't like to be at a place like this with hundreds of tourists... The lake gave me a feeling of calm and the sun made me sleepy. I realized I need places like that from time to time. This is a place where I can breath and enjoy a beautiful piece of nature !!! Before the sun went down we climbed on the horses and rode back to the trailer. It would be amazing to see the sun go down over the lake but then we would have ride back in the dark... and some places on this trail would be a bit tricky in the dark. I really enjoyed this whole day and I can't get enough of it. I really hope to go in the wilderness one day and just ride or hike in this wonderful area.

No comments:

Post a Comment