Thursday, September 10, 2009

fall is here

It was pretty foggy in the morning while I was out and did chorse. The geese went for a fly like they do every morning since a few days. Yep, looks like fall is coming to the Robson Valley. I love fall it's my favourite season beside spring. Today, I wished more then before I am somewhere in the mountains... where I can enjoy the view of the fog hanging around the mountains, touch the treetops, then suddenly disappear and let the sun shine throu... I hope I will see this someday ! Anyway, It was too wet to ride in the arena and so I was pretty busy in the kitchen in the morning. I baked apple crisp for the party we'll go tomorrow and I also baked the Engadiner Nusstorte which I will take to the Fall Fair Baking contest tomorrow. In the afternoon we went for another trail ride. Mayo and Birgit rode the training horses, I rode Cody with sidepull. First, I wasn't so sure about that... But then I just decided to try it. He was fine. Only in the lope he had quiet some speed and when I wanted to block him he was stubborn and tried to speed up more ! Okay, I had a taste of Cody in speed :D Usually, he is pretty slow ! I was quiet surprised !!! ;) After this new experience we turned into the bush and from here we went up and down hill. Some parts were pretty steep. No problem for Cody :) He is a good horse for riding in the bush. Cody is funny... after awhile he had enough and just headed home :D The two training horses were pretty impatient and so they got a lesson in standing still. Cody was pretty bored, he gets this expression on the face... Soooo funny !

No comments:

Post a Comment