Wednesday, June 9, 2010

BBQ at the lake.. a lot of drunk people

I had a long talk with Lynda about my concerns. She explained me some things and it made sense to me. So my horse only bucks when you let him run in a canter... This sounds normal to me ! Horses do that sometimes... Lynda asked me to think about my wish to quit and tell her after my two days off what I decided. So my decision is clear : I stay here. That's what I wanted since a long time and I can handle the rest... Wow, this is solved now... Then in the evening was the BBQ for the staff at Trefoil Lake. Of course, it was busy and loud. And sure as hell, everybody had a beer can in his/her hand (except me). And soon everyone was drunk. Unbelievable ! I learned people can drink here 10 beers per evening ! Even more unbelieveable ! I would lay under the table after a 1/2 can of beer ! So there were a few people to tried to talk me into drinking with them. I was polite and told them I don't drink. And there were a few I had to stare at them til they got that I mean what I said. The dessert was delicious :) of course I had to try it. Brownies, Blondies, pecan pie and other sweet stuff... great ! I had a few talks with different persons, some more drunk then the others. It's so funny to be the only sober person in a bunch of drunk people :D There you can entertain yourself with all the bullshit people talk when they are drunk. I had a such good time ! There was one guy he was soo impressed that I flew over from Switzerland to work in Canada. He thought I am a cool girl. There is this expression 'Hey, what's up ?' when a young person meets another young person. There was this guy, one of the guys from the golf course, he asked me 'Hey, Corinne, what's up ?' I looked at him and said I don't know ! The expression on his face was hilarious ! I had to laugh :D Now I know what they mean by 'what's up?'

No comments:

Post a Comment