Sunday, June 13, 2010

unload hay and a poor horse :(

Today was a nice sunny day again with a few clouds. All the guides were working today which means there were 5 of us. 1 were send out on a trail ride and the rest had to unload hay bales again. This was a job full of dust and sweat. In a 1/2 hour we were done. I guess it were around 145 bales. As soon as we were done Brad and I had to go on a ride. Ace, one of the dude horses was pretty slow and I need to keep an eye on them to yell a the person to make Ace go forward again. Usually, Ace is not that slow ! So I decided to keep an eye on that... In the afternoon I had another ride and Ace was with us again. This time I looked at him I knew there must be something wrong with his right hind leg he walks shorter then with his left hind and when you look at this butt you can see that his right hip /pelvis is lower then on the left side. Something must be happend maybe on a ride or when he was out with the other horses. I told Dave after we were back at the barn.... He checked Ace... No comment !! I am sure there is something not aligned anymore in this pelvis. So we untacked everyone and fed. Then we were done for the day. I wanted to read a bit to relax but soon I felt asleep. And now I am still not really awake yet. I guess I will go to bed early today :D Tossing hay bales needs a looot of energy....

No comments:

Post a Comment