Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ground driving, lesson and trail ride

The day started pretty good. We didn't do a lot in the morning. Around noon the next thunder storm came this time without any hail. Good thing these storms don't last long ;) So when it was over we grabbed Honey, Scooti and Dan. Scooty and Dan got ready for ground driving and Honey got a head stall to get her used to that. We brought Scooty and Dan in the arena and worked with them. It was soooo nice to do that again. We also did the barrel race pattern :) Of course not in canter, only in the slow job of Dan. Dan has good ground manners and we could go over the bridge, around cones and barrels, stop, walk on, back up,... all kind of stuff like that. It was great ! I really enjoyed it. On 5 pm we had two girls coming for a lesson. Nora and I had to keep an eye on them while they got the horses ready. They did games to practice all kind of stuff. On 7 pm we had a trail ride with a student and her mother. I rode Dan. I enjoyed to ride a smaller horse which stands still while you mount it !!! I had to cinch him up out in the bush and he was standing and waiting til I was in the saddle again... That's how a guide horse should be ! But my neck didn't totally agree with me sitting in the saddle already again ! I could feel my neck muscles are tight again and I had a head ache. Part of this head ache is still from the helmet. So I guess i will still relax and take it easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment