Friday, June 11, 2010

three cuties and a sunny day

I had a good talk with Brad, our cowboy, yesterday evening. He told me some interesting things about our work with the dudes and about the horses. Cloudy must be quit a charactar... He looks so dull and old but he only does his job... :) Today, I was on the 1 1/2 hour ride with two dudes. It was nice weather and they really enjoyed it. I rode Ace, one of the dude horses. He was scared of a log and also acted scared about a bush with berries... Funny horse ! On our way back we met three elk moms with their kids. Sooo cute ! This time I saw the kids and could make a detour through the bush. There were no reason for the mommys to attack us :D It was the first time I saw baby elks. Then in the afternoon I had to clean the barn (I did the front part all by myself) and put the feed for breakfast in the stalls. I thought it took forever to clean this barn today.... Brad helped me cleaning and feeding. As soon as the horses were back from the afternoon ride we had to untack everyone and feed supper. We were done at 3.15 pm today. It was a short but fast day... Holy, I was so out of energy ! I decided to show Heather the trail from the 1 1/2 hour ride after work. So we went for a walk as soon as we were done. Now my left hip is sore from riding Ace. From the time I climbed down from Ace my hip hurts ! I guess I will check his pelvis the next time I have to tack him.... I think he is not straight anymore. I never had a chance on a ride to see him walk from behind. Ace is usually in the middle of the group. I made sure my stirrups are even and so I couldn't sit more to one side...

No comments:

Post a Comment