Tuesday, June 1, 2010

an adventure trail ride...

We got help now, two new guides started work today. So we are 5 now. The two newest additions need to know the trails, so Rachel and I had to take them with us on the rides. I had the two hour ride in the afternoon. We had tree dudes with us. All started when we rode along the Athabasca River and there was a deer leg on the trail. Okay this is not that scary... but where is the rest of this dead animal ? You never know who killed it (bear or cougar). So we had to pay attention to the area. The next thing was a freshly killed animal in the Aspen area. The dudes just told me what kind of animal is in the bush, a coyote or a wolf ! Oh my god ! There were two coyotes chewing on this dead animal. So this means even more attention the killer may be still around ! So I called Dave and told him. We were pretty safe so far the coyotes wouldn't attack 6 horses, we kept going. On our way home in the bush near the golf course were a black bear ! He didn't care about us, just walked on. I had to call Dave again and tell him. We have to report when there is a bear. So I was pretty nervous and thought oh god, what's next ? A cougar ? Thank god, there was nothing after this and we came home safely. The dudes had fun and really liked it... Now I have to show Stew from the security where the fresh killed animal is, he needs to take care of that 'cause there are grizzlys out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment