Monday, May 31, 2010

back to work / never tacked soo fast before

My work started today again. The weather was still not nice: grey clouds, a bit of rain and chilly. After we tacked all the horses we needed we got other jobs to do. I had to help deworm horses. Katie, got all the empty chaff out of the oats bag (the mice ate it) and Rachel had to clean the round pen. After lunch all the tacked horses came out and got tied up. I had to go on the 1.30 pm ride on my horse Mohawk.... GREAT ! I didn't tack him up in the morning. (The last few times I had to ride other horses...) So I had to get him out of the pasture, groom, saddle, briddle and mount him in about 5 min. And then catch up to the group... Oh my God ! I never tacked a horse sooo fast in my life ! We trotted the whole trail to caught up to the group. I already saw Mohawk and me laying on the ground ! We travelled so fast and the trail was full of rocks and so uneven ! If I would have asked Mohawk to canter he would have done it for me ! I am sure glad he is soooo sure footed ! When we reached the group he got a bit hot and was a bit dancing around. But as soon as I talked to him he calmed down and was okay. Oh God, I really like this horse. So one thing I learned today : I will tack up my horse in the morning if Dave tell me this to do it or not !!! This was not much fun ! :( The rest of the day wasn't too bad, we ended the day around 3.30 pm. And of course, as soon as we were done with work the sun came out. The sun is shining at the moment hahahahahahahahaha ! I really hope we would get some sun shine during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment