Friday, May 21, 2010

horses, different charactars

I wanna introduce some of the horses: Jack, a chestnut gelding, dude horse, he gets bored pretty fast and likes to untie himself or take the briddle off. So we have to make pretty good knots to prevent his game and we have to briddle him just before we put a dude on his back. Baldy, a paint gelding, dude horse, he is pretty competitive on the trails, no other horse is allowed to pass him not even the back guide. Ghost, grey gelding, dude horse, like to walks over small trees so he can stratch his itchy belly. He leaves the trail (especially with a dude on his back) and walks out in the bush. I had to laugh when I saw that the first time :) Rocket, bay gelding, dude horse, he doesn't care if the person on his back pulls the reins back to stop him. He plows right through this aid. He knows exactly that the person on his back has no chance !! So he ended up behind us today. We had to put him back on his place in the line. Punch, bay gelding, dude horse, I had to ride him in the front to guide a ride, he got soooo impatient and fast 'cause he was annoyed of the speed from the other two horses which were with us. And then is there Heureuse, my guide horse. She is a Canadian mare, 11 years old, ex brood mare and the second summer here in Jasper. Last summer she was in the back country. Heureuse has a buddy, Moka, these two girls are best friends. They always hang around together in the pasture. When Moka is also in the same string like Heureuse I have a hard time to ride my horse where I want. Usually Lynda rides Moka and I ride Heureuse. We need to have other horses between these two otherwise my horse will turn and try to follow Moka. When Moka is staying at the barn I don't have so much troubles with Heureuse. They call each other from time to time. My horsey can be pretty impatient especially when she has to be tied up or has to wait for the dude horses to catch up. We improved the listening to leg aids already and she is listening to my voice when I have to calm her down. She doen't like to walk sooo slow when she is in the front. When we are last in the line she starts to dream and doesn't pay attention where she walks and so she is stumbling a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment