Sunday, May 16, 2010

second day of work, a trail ride with two new guides and dudes

It was my second day of work. We had to tack all the horses again and then off to the first trail ride at 9.30am. I was in the back and rode the young Canadian mare, Heureuse, I already rode in Brule. She was good only when she saw here friend Mokka in the string of horses she didn't wanna pass her and so we had a few arguments together.... After awhile she learned that I won't just give up and so she did what I wanted. The second ride I was guiding was in the afternoon. It was just Rachel in the front and me in the back. No boss ;) I rode Heureuse again. This time, Mokka wasn't with us. My beauty did good also when I had to pass the other horses to make sure they won't get run over by a car or moterhome. That's the job of the back guide to make sure when the group has to cross a road the cars wait til the group is away from the road. Heureuse trotted this time better and she was pretty fast ;D Usually she takes her time and just kinda moves like a snail. I can get her moving fast now when I need to :D She is a sweety and I hope she will be my guide horse for the summer. She is tall, has a wide back and is strong. Unfortunatly, she doen't listen so good to legs... especially when she wants something ! I could work with her a bit when I am the back guide. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment