Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brule

I am in Brule since yesterday. It is really nice here. When I look out of the window in the living room I can see the mountains. We are surrounded with bush I really like that. The stupid thing is you have no idea what's around the next corner... !
My first day was not to bad. I helped feeding and we worked with one of the young horses in the indoor arena. My second day was a bit more 'interesting'. I had my first lesson in 'cowboy ground work' and the young horse I worked with had a bucking and rear up fit in the box stall ! I was just about to leave the box stall when he started... The result are three bruises on the leg.
I won't tie him up again to saddle him. Well, he was used to this last year and everyone was surprised that he reacted like this today. It came out of the blue, he was eating and I showed him the pad and saddle and he was not snorting at all.... And then he had another bucking fit in the arena.
Lynda worked with him a bit in the afternoon again and then I did a few times in-hand leading. He didn't know it before but he did just fine. :) I guess I will work with him some more so he is not that nervous anymore. So I am tired from this day and will go to bed early I guess....

No comments:

Post a Comment