Sunday, May 9, 2010

first trail ride and a lazy day

We went for a trail ride yesterday. I rode a huge Canadian mare. She is the tallest horse with the biggest ears in her group. :) A good description to find her a group of all the black horses !! We had some troubles to leave the barn, my girl had other plans then to go on a trail ride. We ended up being ponied from Lynda for a while. Then we had a good slow time on the trails. It is nice to ride here, all bush and mountains around us. That is what I love. Today, is mothers day and we had a brunch. Everyone of us had to prepare something to eat. I baked muffins (black and white). And it was my day off. I could sleep as long as I wanted. As I promised I baked a Engadiner Nusstorte (a nut pie from the Engadin). And while I was in the kitchen anyway I baked peanut / oatmeal /chocolate cookies. Both turned out very tasty. It was nice weather today beside the snow we got in the morning. It was not a lot and it melted right away again. So I went for a walk in the afternoon with Kelly, the Lab-border collie. A great mountain view. I can not wait til I am in Jasper and see all the mountains there.

No comments:

Post a Comment