Friday, May 21, 2010

back to work and winter

Back to work again today. It was pretty chilly in the morning and in the night we got rain. So all the area outside the barn was muddy. We didn't have trail rides in the morning 'cause of the weather. Good thing the rain stopped when we started work at 8.30 am. Dave brought the horse trailer (room for 10 horses in there) full of hay bales. The three girl of us had to unload all the bales and stack them in the barn. Rachel was in the trailer and threw the bales out, I had to carry them in the barn and Katie stacked them. We were all covered in hay and sweat after awhile. It was a good workout for us :) In the afternoon we had two trail rides. One with dudes and the other one with staff member. I went on the one with the dudes. We had a good time. I was front guide this time. My horse was already bored in the beginning and saw her ghosts again. I kept her occupied with exercises (leg yields, bending,...) She gets better now with listening to leg aids. I am so happy ! I don't like just to ride with pulling on the reins. Sometimes I only have to put my leg on her belly and she moves over and there are times when she needs a bigger reminder to move over and I have to use the reins as well. Yes, my girl can be Miss Impatient or Miss Pissed ! A mare totally for me :D I really like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment