Monday, May 17, 2010

first solo trail ride and a patients test for me

I had my first solo trail ride to guide today. Oh my god !!! I had two dudes with me. I rode Punch, a Canadian horse. He got so impatient when he had to wait for the two grandpa horses again and again. I kept telling the two tourists to try to get some more speed out of the horses but it didn't happen. So we were way too late in the end. And that on my first solo trail ride !!! Okay this wasn't too bad. We came back to the barn with everyone in the saddle. I had to jump on my guide horse, Heureuse and be the back guide for a group of 10 people ! Holy sh... ! Okay now I know when I have what to do on the 1 hour ride when I am in the back. There were two women who kept ignoring me when I talked to them. All I wanted was to ride to them an kick their ass ! I was sooooo mad ! Lynda keeps telling me we are responsible for the dudes !!! But I guess there is a point where this 'beeing responsible for the dudes' has an end. I also heard some very nice advices from a tourist to another tourist : if you wanna make your horse going faster lean forward... ! Bullshit !!! I did correct them. We give a simple explaination to the rider before we head out in the bush. This happens when people think they can ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment