Tuesday, May 25, 2010

more horses... and finally COAL !!!!

The weather was great today, sunny and some clouds. Dave brought 5 or 6 horses today. They were still on the community pasture in Brule. And one of them is Coal. A gelding of the size of a small horse , black, 22 years old. Dave bought Coal from my friend Reg a long time ago. Reg told me about this horse and I thought he is a tall horse.... So I was sooo surprised when Dave gave me the lead rope and said, this is Coal, he has to go in the barn... I said, Oh this is Coal ??? Dave thought I didn't understand the name so he repeted it. I was so excited to finally meet this horse ! He is a real cutie ! You can see he is an old horse he gets white hair in the face now. Only here and there one... Dave decided to use Coal and another one of the new arrived horses to be a guide horse today. He didn't say specific who rides which horse... So I said I will ride Coal ! ;D So I rode him in the afternoon. I am not sure if he is impatient or just fights the bit... As soon as I wanted to stop him (to let the dudes catch up) he started to toss his head around. I don't know how he managed to unclip the lead rope and go for a walk in the next corral... Maybe he is a king of escaping :) I really like this cutie !!

No comments:

Post a Comment