Friday, May 28, 2010

more square bales and a little accident

The stable was open today again. The weather was sooo crappy no one wanted to go for a trail ride in the morning... Only Katie and I worked today. Dave had a good job for us to do : unload a horse trailer full of hay bales !!! According to Dave there were around 150 square bales, we did the job in 1 1/2 hours. Then we fed the horses in the barn and after lunch we had one trail ride with two people. Katie went for this ride and I cleaned the barn. Some of these doors from the box stalls are pretty hard to open, so you need some speed and strengh. I had speed and strengh but unfortunatly my thumb was in the wrong place in the wrong time... So I crushed my thumb between the box stall door and the box stall wall.. :( Now I have a pulsating finger tip. Good thing I am off tomorrow and Sunday so my thumb has a chance to heal without getting dirty. Oh well, I guess things like that happens from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment