Friday, June 18, 2010

a visit in Dunster

On my days off (Wednesday and Thursday) I went to Dunster for a short (way too short !!) visit at Birgit's and Reg's place. I had more then one reason to do this trip : one was to pick up my belt and have a look at Reg's new pack horse and to get a break from the Freakshow here at JPL ! I took the train in Jasper, one way was 2 1/2 hours. A nice travel through the mountains and along the Fraser River. The train is almost like the one's we have in Switzerland, comfortable and enough space for long legs. And a clean washroom :) Unfortunatly, it was already afternoon when I arrived in Dunster. Birgit picked me up at the train station. As soon as we were home again she went riding one of the training horses, Nokee. I went to watch her. It was great to be at the Falling Star Ranch again. I felt like coming home ! On Thursday morning I took the bike and drove over to Reg's place. It was a hell of a bike ride. I promised to be there between 8 am and 8.30 am. I talked too long to Birgit and so I had to hurry. I reached Reg's place at 8.35am :), not too bad ;D We went down to the horses and have a look at Cactus (horrible name for a horse !). He is a percheron cross (I guess..), black and white, a paint. Poor guy had a sunburn on his pink nose. :( There is also another new horse of Reg's. A cute chestnut. All of them were pretty hungry and wanted their oats. We went back to the house 'cause Reg had to go to town. He droped me and the bike off at FSR and headed for McBride. I had to pack all my stuff and catch the train at the Dunster Train station at 1.30 pm. On the way back to Jasper I met Ann from Germany. She is a woofer (which means she stays on organic farms and get some experience there) She also got on the train in Dunster. We had a good time together. We saw three black bears between Dunster and Jasper. :) Amazing !

No comments:

Post a Comment